One Day to Live Contest Official Rules
1. COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES
These are the official rules that govern how the Wishes4Life contest promotion will operate (“Contest”). In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Wishes4Life, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
2. CONTEST DESCRIPTION
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to video record yourself performing an original Video that you’ve written or have permission to record, in response to Wishes4life Contest Question. For purposes of this Contest, each video you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the prizes described below.
3. WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
4. WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
The Contests will run for a Scheduled Maximum Duration of 24 days. There must be at least 24 qualified entries for a Contest to be valid;
if less than 24 qualified entries are received during the Contest period, those qualified entries will be rolled over into the next Contest period, whenever available. The prize for the next Contest with the consolidated qualified entries will remain as the Grand Prize for one contest and will not be increased. If a qualified entry is rolled into the next Contest due to an insufficient number of qualified entries, then such rollover entry will count as the entrant's automatic next Contest entry.
We agree to post the Contest Start Date, The Target Number of Entries and Scheduled End Date at http://www.onedaytolive.org. You accept full responsibility to access this information and accept that this information will be subject to change at any time.
At the end of each Contest, votes and comments will be received for a period of 48 hours from the end of the Contest. Once this period has elapsed, the Contest is closed.
5. CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
• You are 14 years of age or older at the time of entry.
If you are 14 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
• You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
• You are NOT an employee of Wishes4Life; and
• You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest; and
• You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Wishes4Life employee, an employee of a Wishes4Life subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void within the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
6. HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, sign into your YouTube account, and upload your entry as instructed. We will only accept ten (10) qualified entries per person, however additional videos may be submitted. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. We will automatically disqualify:
• Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
• Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
Submit the Entry at http://www.onedaytolive.org by submitting the following;
• 11 digit YouTube video identification number
• Your Name
• Email address
7. WHAT IS A QUALIFIED ENTRY?
• An entry that meets all the criteria of these rules;
• An entry that is properly uploaded through YouTube.com; and
• An entry that is not otherwise disqualified
For purposes of counting qualified entries to achieve the target number of entries, each entrant shall only be counted as one (1) qualified entry regardless of the number of entries submitted by that entrant.
8. WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY?
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
• The video cannot exceed 3 minutes in length
• The video must start by answering the contest name and question
• The video must be in compliance with YouTube.com terms of service
• The video must be uploaded to YouTube.com after the contest start date
• The video can not be promotional in nature
• Contestant must subscribe to
• your entry must be your own original work
• your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
• you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
• your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person by using their names, likeness or images without their express written consent.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
• is obscene or offensive;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media);
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, (other than the member of your family or community for which you have received consent) including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject any entry, without notice, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
9. HOW WILL MY ENTRY BE POTENTIALLY USED?
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you:
• are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all into content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
• agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
• understand and acknowledge that the Promotion Parties may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
• understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
• understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry. If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
10. WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
Visitors will be invited to view and rate entries.
The “Top 10 Featured Entries” will be determined on the following criteria;
• 50.00% – Number of views
• 50.00% – User ratings
The Grand Prize Winner & Runner Up will be selected from the “Top 10 Featured Entries”
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than described above. In the event of a tie for the “Top 10 Featured Entries”, a Wishes4Life representative will break the tie based on creativity self realization (50%) and originality Insight (50%). The decision of the judge is final and binding.
The Prize for each Contest will be advertized at
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to your email address provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up. If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
• If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
• If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
• Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
11. WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Contest you agree:
• To abide by these Official Rules; and
• To release and hold harmless Wishes4Life and its respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
• That Wishes4Life’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
• That, by accepting a prize, Wishes4Life may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
12. WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of California , and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of California for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
13. WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
14. HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the name of the winner online at
. This list will remain posted until December 31 2010.
© 2017 DOING GOOD LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.